Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Apollo - Adopted


Name: Apollo
Sex: Male (altered)
Breed: Pekinese
Age: 13 years
Location: Ocean Gate, NJ

Vet Info: Rabies 1 yr/distemper (4/18/12). HW negative (4/18). Neuter verified.  

Owner Info: I adopted this dog from a woman who came into one of the veterinary hospitals I am employed at with the intention to rehome him. He was going to be euthanized because his owner is moving to Japan.  He has chronic dry eye and is 13 years old, but is in otherwise good health. He is neutered and wee wee pad trained.  He is an indoor dog with run of the house and is housebroken.  He is not leash trained.  He knows his name, and comes when called.  He is outgoing and gets along with men, woman, children, teenagers, cats, dogs, and other small animals.  He has been moved around quite a bit and doesn't seem to have issues as long as he has a soft place to lie down. He needs to be shown where his wee wee pads are kept and they should be in a large area (preferably not on the carpet) in case he misses.  He has KCS ( chronic dry eye) in his right eye, the other eye is reduced from a previous infection when he was with his old owner. I treat with NPD ophthalmic ointment and artifcial tears 2-3 times per day.  He is a very happy little dog, he would be great with an elderly person. He loves to sleep in bed with me and snuggle against my feet. He is very happy to get attention and dances whenever I get home from work or school. If I didn't work and have school so much and have many of my own pets I would keep him, however I can not give him the attention he deserves.   

No comments:

Post a Comment