Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blaze - In Foster Care



Name: Blaze
Sex: Female (not altered)
Breed: Basset Mix
Age: 1 ½ years (estimated)
Location: Northern Bossier, Louisiana
 
Vet/Medical Info: Blaze’s medical history is unknown.

Owner Info: Hi! My name is Blaze! One warm Monday morning last week, about 530 am, my new foster mom was driving through Starbucks. It was the one on the corner of Airline Drive & Beene Boulevard in Northern Bossier. Much to her surprise as she's rounded the corner she saw me lying in the middle of the drive thru on the concrete not moving. She thought that I had already passed on. Well, little did she know, I just thought it was a great place to take a rest! (Not so much, now, bc I could've been squished!) When she got out of her car and touched me it startled me a little bit and I jumped up and started licking her all over her face and wagging my whole back end! Before she got out to check on me, she had honked her horn at me, but I couldn't hear it because I am completely DEAF! Well, I was so happy someone had found me, & that someone else didn't think I was dead or just not see me and continue to drive forward and run me over! How grateful I was for this lady rescuing me! So, she picked me up and took me to the front of Starbucks to see if anyone knew who I was. The ladies there said they'd seen me for several days & that I've been near the dumpster eating from it, but they did not know where I belonged. My new foster mom began a quest to find my owners. I don't have a microchip so that was out, and no one on craigslist, or the local shelters were looking for me.:-( My foster mom thinks I'm about a year and 1 half old and she has worked at a veterinarian for the past 13 years so she's a pretty good judge of age, by appearance. Also, I weigh about 28 lbs, but will not get much heavier, if you feed me properly. Not going to get much taller, because I am a basset mix & I have super short legs! Not meaning to squeak my own toy here, but I am pretty cute if I do say so myself! I am not spayed yet but do need to be soon. Then, guess what happened? This nice lady took me home, into her house with 7 other dogs! Theyre a lot of fun to play with, but that's a lot of dogs. Also, she runs and out of pocket out of home cat rescue and is at capacity and at her wits end with not having all she needs without donations for the kittens and cats. She pays for everything out of pocket. I have of course added to that expense. As much as she would love to keep me, 7 dogs are way too many and I made number 8! I am very smart! Like I said I am completely deaf, but if you get my attention by stomping clapping or pounding, and I look at you, within 4 days, I already learned 4 hand signals for basic commands & my foster mom taught me! (come, stay, go, or lay down) I have double ice blue glass eyes but have only a few problems seeing! I am not completely blind but my foster mom is sure that I am more like partially blind...I LOVE kids, other dogs of all sizes and breeds, & I don't really mind cats and kittens. My foster mom just said I get a little rough with the smaller kittens so it's not gonna work for her to keep me here because cat rescue is her number 1 priority. I am completely housebroken and have not had an accident since she has had me! Won't you find it in your heart to contact my foster mom or Petsavers, and I can make a lifelong loving companion for someone! I would love a family with kids and fenced yard. But, I would also love a home with only 1 owner or even just a Mommy and Daddy. I love to run and play! Also I am really beginning to love going on walks in the neighborhood. I am very gentle and affectionate and had never even growled at any person or animal in the new foster home that I just arrived at last Monday. My foster mom doesn't want to but if I'm not gone within 3 days which would make it Thursday at the latest, she's going to have to take me to the clinic and put me in a kennel!:-( contact my foster mom, Mary @ tandomwolf@gmail.com HURRY PLEASE! I am so ready to find a forever home! My foster mom has no knowledge of previous shots, if I'm up to date, heartworm negative or positive or anything of that manner since I was a stray. She really doesn't have extra cash to go have the things done for me either, so if you're looking for a precious family dog, I'm the 1 for you! Please call my foster mommy, or contact Petsavers, and come take me to my forever home! Thank you for reading my story. I love you! puppy hugs and kisses, Blaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment