Sunday, July 26, 2015

No Name Heeler/Blue Tick Hound Mix - Adopted


Name: Unknown
Age: Unknown, but his good samaritan believes he is young given that his teeth are white
Breed: Heeler/Blue Tick Hound Mix
Sex: Male (not altered)
Location: Hot Springs, AR

Vet Info:  This sweet fellow has not been vetted.  He weighs about 25 pounds.

Owner Info:  This sweet fellow was a stray who spent more than a month on a local highway by a neighborhood.  A good samaritan has taken him in, but her own dogs are not accepting him, and she is not able to keep him.  She is desperately hoping for rescue for this sweet boy.  She has had him for two days. His good samaritan told us more about his sight.  "He does not see food when placed in front of him, but when his nose finds it he will ravenously eat. The eyesight problem is one that I noticed, it has not been formally diagnosed." When he was first saved, he was flea and tick infested.  She's treated him for fleas and ticks, and he is healing, but he still has a lot of scabs.  He also loves being brushed!  This sweetheart is an outdoor dog with a fenced yard, but is also kept in the laundry room as it is too hot for him outside.  His good samaritan tells us he seems to be housebroken, and whines when he needs to go out.  He has not yet had an accident inside.  He is not leash trained.   He is described as skittish and shy, and very good with women!  His good samaritan didn't check that he's good with other dogs, and she gave us more details:  "...He seems to really really like me.  He will accept food from my husband but he really responds to my voice and comes when I put my hand out.  I have not exposed him to my dogs.  He has been out on the deck and they see him from inside and go berserk.  He runs in fear.  That's why I said he's not good with other dogs." He is not possessive of toys, treats, or food, and in the time he's been with his good samaritan, he's never bitten or snapped.  She writes that he is "very very afraid".  His good samaritan wants us to know that she's grateful for our help.  " I so appreciate your help.  He needs a good home and as much as he would like me to be the one to provide it, I just plain can't....."

No comments:

Post a Comment