Monday, April 22, 2013

Cassie - Staying With Owner



Name: Cassie
Age: 3 years
Sex: Female (altered)
Breed: Pit Bull
Location: Southern California

Vet Info: Cassie is spayed and up to date on her shots.  There is no record of a HW test.  She needs a dental. 

Owner Info: The current owner saved Cassie from a shelter after Cassie was left there by her owner.  The current owner has had her for one month.  Cassie is 3 years old and 42 pounds. She has "tissue where her eyes should be" and the owner said the vet believes she was born this way.  She is an indoor dog who is crated.  She is housebroken and not yet leashtrained.   She is good with people but not with other animals, and has been aggressive to the owner's other dogs. The owner explained: "I rescued Cassie from an owner surrender to the pound, where they were going to euthanize her. I met her on a radio call at work as a police officer. I brought sweet Cassie home one month ago, with the intention of fostering her and trying to find her a home. Cassie lived with three other dogs with her prior owners, and got along with them fine. I think the fear of new dogs and a new home have caused her to act out with my dogs. I have three dogs at my home and have tried to integrate Cassie into the pack slowly, a task I have completed with other dogs in the past. With and without a muzzle, Cassie has tried to bite my dogs even while on a walk. If I could find a way to integrate her, I would absolutely love to keep Cassie. She was with her prior owners from birth to 3 years old and was solely kept in their yard, never inside or taken for a walk.  She enjoys meeting people. Cassie is sweet and loving.  She has already adapted to the yard and garage, and can find her food and bed with no help.  She loves to play with a rope and chase me." 


Update 9/16/13: Beautiful Cassie is still looking for a new home!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment