Monday, January 12, 2015

Spirit - Outcome Unknown


Name: Spirit
Age: 8-10 years
Sex: Female (not altered)
Breed: Chow or Chow Mix
Location: South Carolina

Vet Info: Not available - this dog was a stray and the current owner can't afford to take her to the vet. 

Owner Info: The current owner wrote: "I picked up this poor baby from the side of the road last Saturday night after almost being hit by car and she was dragging a chain. I noticed she seemed hard of hearing, if not almost deaf. After a few days of being in a makeshift shelter in my yard, I brought her inside as the temperature was going to be in teens.I realized she was mostly blind when she had a lot of trouble going up porch steps the first time (now she is pretty good on them). I can't keep her as she doesn't seem cat friendly, and I have rescued cats inside and feral cats outside that have claimed me as home. She is in a 12 ft hallway now since that's the only place she can safely be in my cluttered home." Spirit weighs about 40 pounds. She is not spayed. She is housetrained but not leash trained. The current owner does not know how she would be with other dogs. Spirit does run into things in the house. The current owner wrote: "Spirit is a sweet dog and deserves to be pampered for the rest of her life after being on a chain and outside probably for all of her past life."

No comments:

Post a Comment