Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lottie - Staying With Owner



Name: Lottie
Sex: Female (altered)
Age: Approximately 10 years
Breed: Mixed Breed
Location: Central California

Vet Info: Lottie's eyes are very cloudy and there was little visual response.  She has mammary nodules. As of 10/14 Lottie is spayed and up to date on her shots and she is heartworm negative.

Owner Info:  Lottie is an indoor dog who seems to be almost housebroken.  She is not yet leash-trained.  She is good with people of all ages, cats, and dogs.  She is fine if the owner puts her hand down near her face or food bowl while she is eating.  She may have some hearing loss and sometimes she doesn't move very quickly which might be due to a joint problem.  Her eyes are "clear/translucent."  The owner wrote: "I am trying to find a home for a sweet, old, blind dog. I found her in a parking lot and have not been able to find any owner. And I've tried everything. I took her in for a basic vet exam. She's probably about 10 years old, 15 pounds, she's not spayed, she has a few lumps on her belly. The vet said her blindness is not due to cataracts. His guess was that it was something to do with lipids/fat in her eyes. I know she should get a full examination and blood work done and be spayed, but I can't afford a third dog! And my living situation and schedule are not right for her. So I've started putting the word out there to local animal rescues and such. She is really, really sweet and her tail is almost always wagging. And she's calm and quiet. The only time she really makes noise is when she lets out an adorable little howl right after she yawns. She will be a great dog for the right person."

Here is a youtube video of Lottie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s0I-DMebX4 


Update 10/14: Lottie’s owner writes "Lottie took a trip to the emergency vet. Her stomach was really swollen and hard. Turns out, she had a mass on her spleen that had slightly ruptured. So she had surgery to remove the mass on her spleen and her mammary lumps and she was also spayed. Turns out her mammary lumps were cancerous and it spread to her spleen. The vet didn’t see any other cancer, but since it already spread to her spleen, chances are, it will spread elsewhere and if that’s the case, the vet thinks she has around 6 to 8 months to live. Poor little baby. But for now, it seems like she feels fantastic! Better than ever. Or at least better than I’ve ever seen her. So I will continue to love her and take care of her until she stops feeling fantastic. Unless… I find someone who wants to take care of her and can give her a better life than I can. Even though she seems happy here with me, I still think she’d be happier with someone who is home more often and where she doesn’t spend the majority of her time in a room by herself." 


Update 11/23/13: Lottie is still looking for her forever home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment