Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Andy - In Foster Care


Name: Andy
Age: 11 years
Sex: Male (confirmed altered)
Breed: Lhasa Apso
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio 

Vet Info: Andy is confirmed neutered.  The vet says confirmation of vaccinations might be in the old records but that the owner says he is UTD with everything. Andy is blind due to diabetes and is on insulin and special diet for diabetes.

Owner Info: House we are renting is being foreclosed. Andy (the dog) belonged to the landlady and we kept him for her as part of our rental agreement because he was used to the house and had been here since puppyhood. She paid for his diabetic food and insulin and we physically took care of him. Now she says she doesn't want the house or the dog, she quit paying for Andy's food and medication (along with the mortgage) and we are all going to be without a home soon. We need to find a safe place for Andy by the end of October, when we have to vacate the house.  Needs insulin every 12 hours, happy and healthy as long as he has his medicine and a healthy diabetic diet. Andy is 22 lbs. and reported as being outgoing and good with adults.  He is housebroken, leash trained and an indoor dog with the run of the house.


Update 10/7: “I considered putting an ad on Craigslist but I'm afraid somebody will claim to want a pet in order to obtain a free "bait" dog. But I'm also scared if something doesn't pan out the pound will have to take Andy and I know they would kill him. All the local non-kills are full. I feel so bad and I just don't know what to do. I don't understand why Andy’s owner did this. He's such a sweet little dog and it's killing me, and he's not even my dog. I'm scared for myself and my husband because we're facing potential homelessness but a HUMAN shelter won't kill us the way an animal shelter would Andy. It's just not fair.” Andy needs new home ASAP as family is moving at the end of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment