Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dominic - In Foster Care


Name: Dominic
Age: 3-4 years
Sex: Male (not confirmed altered)
Breed: Pit Bull
Location: Houston, Texas

Vet Info:  No vet information available.

Owner Info: I found him a week ago walking into moving (and swerving) vehicles and quickly realized he was blind. My husband and I cannot keep him but applied Frontline and are keeping him in a crate in our garage. He weighs 40-50 lbs. We put him on our community's Facebook page (that's how we heard of Blind Dog Rescue), I called all of the rescues in my area and beyond, and I have spread the word in my community. I took him to the vet and had him scanned for a microchip. He has one but all of the contact numbers were the wrong numbers or did not return our calls. We found him with fleas and no collar, so we don't want to pass judgment but are thinking it may be a possibility that he wasn't wanted. Also, all of the foster groups I called within 3 hours of where we live were maxed out and the shelters are all kill shelters. His microchip had him listed as "Monster," but he doesn't respond to that. We have been calling him "Dominic." Owner states that Dominic is neutered but that has not been confirmed.  He is housebroken; leash trained; knows basic commands; outgoing; good with all people and dogs.  Owners have two cats that ran when they saw Dominic but he did not chase. Owner feels Dominic adapts well and stated “He readily got in my car when I found him, is great on jogs, and waits for me to put him on his leash before he goes wandering around. He seems careful about where he is going (despite me finding him on a busy road). He definitely welcomes direction from his walker/jogger.”


Update 10/8: Dominic is scheduled to be turned in to a kill shelter on Thursday October 10 at 1:00pm.


Update 10/10: Dominic has been given a few extra days.  The owners have given him until Monday, October 16th to find placement or he will be PTS.

Update 4/20/2014: Dominic is safe in a foster home and looking for his permanent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment