Monday, April 14, 2014

Sue and Annie - Bonded Pair - In Foster Care


Name: Sue and Annie
Breed: Border Collies
Age: Estimated 1 year
Sex: Females (likely not altered)
Location: West of St. Louis, MO

Vet Info: No information available.

Owner Info: A good Samaritan found two Border Collies dumped near her home.
She is doing her best to reach out and find them rescue, and she has posted them on Craigslist. She tells us, "They are very sweet very special girls who have already captured my heart and it just kills me that I am unable to keep them.”

Craigslist ad: T​wo border collies have been dumped near my home. They look to be younger, around a year or so and are probably sisters. Sadly one of them is blind. Both girls are super sweet and are just really good dogs in general. I have already fallen in love with them but I cannot keep them and I really need to find a home for them asap. Aside from one being blind and both of them being severly underweight, they seem healthy. Most of the no kill shelters in my area are full and turned me down and I am desperately searching for fosters or a forever home. The blind one is very timid and frightened at first but after a day or so she really comes out of her shell and acts like a happy sweet puppy! I do not think she would do well in a shelter situation so I am trying everything I can to find a more ideal situation for her. I would like to keep them together if possible considering the blind one seems to depend on her sister but realize that might not be possible as I am quickly running out of options.


Update 4/20/2014: Here is an update on these sweet girls - they have had their shots!  They are still looking for a new home or rescue.

A wonderful organization has paid for the girls to get their shots and they are being boarded for two weeks at a very nice park that has agility and sheep herding along with ponds and plenty of fields to run in! We are still working to find homes and fosters and are discussing options to get them spayed!


Update 5/12/2014: The girls are doing great! Canine Country in Wentzville is boarding them for a few weeks while I continue to look for fosters. Rescues have paid for their shots, heartworm check and preventative medicine, along with a bed, toys, chews and frontline! They have settled in very well and are looking great! I usually visit them three times a week and they are just the sweetest!


Update 6/9/2014: The girls need to leave the boarding kennel by tonight! Please continue to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment