Sunday, April 13, 2014

Puppy - Staying With Owner


Name: Puppy
Breed: West Highland Terrier
Sex: Male (altered)
Age: 5 weeks
Location: Western NY

Vet Info: Puppy weighs two pounds. Puppy has not been vetted.

Owner Info: Puppy is an adorable little fellow who became blind during birth. His breeder is unable to keep him and is looking for rescue. Puppy's owner writes, "My westie had a litter on 3/9/14 and during the males birth the head was constricted by a contraction resulting in birth fluids to enter the eyes ( this is what my Vet believes happened). As soon as it was noticed it was straight off to the Vet. Some antibiotic was given and a test sent off. Test showed it was a bacterial infection. The shot did clear it up and fast but the damage appears to be done. Both eyes are white and at best sees shapes. Clearly, he is not for adoption now. His needs are more than I can probably provide. The training alone is beyond anything I've done. I am really in need of someone who has the time and knowledge to care and train him properly. The Vet says his vision may improve but I think he is blowing smoke up my butt. Any help would be appreciated." Other than that, Puppy's owner says he is a healthy, growing pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment