Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Angel - Adopted



Name: Angel
Age: 10 or 11 years
Breed: Rat Terrier Mix
Sex: Female (confirmed altered)
Location: Springfield, IL area
  
Vet Info: Angel is confirmed spayed and heartworm negative.  Rabies, distemper, and bordetella vaccines were given at the shelter.   Angel weighs 12 pounds.  Her caregiver writes, "The vet felt that good nutrition and a stable home was what she needed most. She lost a lot of weight over the past two years, but she is now on a good diet. She has some raw patches on her paws and legs, most likely from living in a crate. The vet did scrapings, and there was no mange and no infected areas to treat."

Owner Info: Angel is a beautiful and very sweet little girl who was adopted from a high-kill county shelter to keep her safe.  She had been adopted two years ago from the same shelter, and unfortunately, she was not well cared for prior to being returned to the shelter.  Her temporary caregiver is unable to keep her as she is battling health issues, and they're hoping for rescue or adoption for Angel!   She may be able to see shadows, but was already blind when she was picked up as a stray previously.  Angel is an indoor dog with run of the house, she is housebroken and leash trained.  She is good with men, women, and older children, however younger children may be too rough for her.  She is also good with male and female dogs and lives with another dog now!  Angel is not possessive of toys, treats, or food, has never bitten or snapped, and has never shown any aggression.  Angel adapts well to new situations, and her caregiver writes, "it is amazing how quickly she has adjusted to the new house, porch and yard."  She also writes, "Angel is precious!   She will make someone a wonderful little lap dog. She loves the attention and being held and petted … she has been so starved for attention the past two years". 

Below is Angel's shelter post:
Please read the heartfelt plea from beautiful Angel below....
Carol, her shelter contact, wrote, " She is the sweetest little girl you can imagine."  (The first picture is from two years ago when Angel was originally adopted, and the last photo of sweet Angel was taken at the end of June). 

I didn’t think I would be sending this appeal again … I thought I had my forever home back in 2011, but this weekend I was returned to the shelter. And it’s probably a good thing. I spent a lot of time being locked up in a crate, and I’m malnourished now. My name is Angel. I don’t know about things like “disabilities,” and I certainly don’t feel sorry for myself, even though I am blind. (However, I truly am terrified living in a kennel around all of the noise and commotion at Animal Control.) Being older AND blind is going to make it difficult for me to get adopted, so my only hope is for a kind soul to accept me into a rescue organization. I’m hoping that kind soul is YOU. (I think that I am VERY loving and adoptable, but right now I’d settle for a nice foster home.)

Love,

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment