Thursday, October 30, 2014

Delilah - In BDRA Foster Care


Name: Delilah
Age: 2 1/2 years
Breed: Labrador/Pit Mix
Sex: Female (not altered)
Location: Houston, TX area

Vet Info: Delilah is not spayed, is not up to date on vaccines and has not been heartworm tested. She weighs about 55 - 60 pounds.

Owner Info: From Delilah's owner: "I lost my jobs months back and have had no luck finding new employment yet and now I am being evicted from my home and have to move out this Saturday. I am unable to take either of my pups with me where i will be staying for now and i have already found a temporary home for my puppy. and my family is uanble to temporarily home them either. My sister is at the limit with her landlord and my mother cannot have another dog where she is renting. We have reached out on Facebook as well as my sister's coworkers, etc. and we are now in urgent need of placing Delilah, as she is blind and we know if she is forced to take her to a shelter she will be euthanized due to her disability.

Details and pics:
Delilah is a 2 ½ year old female lab/pit mix, born April 2012, weighs roughly 55/60 lbs. She was born with sunk in blind eyes. She has been raised with my eleven year old and two year old daughters. She is crate trained and well behaved. (No known bad habits, as chewing on stuff etc. as she is never left unattended when loose inside and has never had any potty accidents. When they are not home she is crated. She is extremely loving and is awesome with the kids.) She has never shown any aggressive behavior even with my daughter’s friends being over for the first time and not knowing who they are. She warms up instantly to new people. She has never had any health issues, but is not current on her shots. We are in search of a happy home that can give her the care and love that she needs with her disability and to keep her from being euthanized. I would love to be able to take Delilah back once I am able to get on my feet and back in my own home if someone is at least willing to take her only temporarily, or as sad as it is for me I am also willing to give her up permanently if that is what needs to happen under the circumsstances I am grasping for options to keep us from having to take her to a shellter and her automatically be euthanized due to her disability with her blindness. "Delilah is an indoor dog who is crated, she is housebroken but not leash trained. She is good with people of all ages and both male and female dogs. She is not possessive of toys, treats or food and has never shown any aggression. Her owner writes, "she is very loving and does well with all new people of all ages that come into our home."

No comments:

Post a Comment