Monday, October 13, 2014

Edward (Patch has been adopted)

 


Names: Edward
Age: 2 years
Sex: Male (not altered)
Breed: Great Pyrenee/Labrador Mix
Location: Nebraska

Vet Info: Edward is up to date on shots. The vet has no other information on him.

Owner Info: Edward was looking for a new home with his sister Patch. Patch has found a home but Edward is still waiting. Their current owner has had Edward and his sister, Patch, for the past four months. They belonged to family who could not take the dogs when they moved. Unfortunately, the current owner's male dog does not like having Patch and Edward in the home, so both dogs need a new home. Edward is 63-65 pounds and is not neutered. Patch is the same weight and not spayed. Patch can see. Edward has dilated pupils and can, perhaps, see shapes and shadows. Patch and Edward are outdoor dogs and are not housetrained. They do walk on a leash. Edward and Patch have only been to a vet once, and that was to get shots this summer. When asked how they are with men, other dogs, and cats, the owner wrote: "​Edward is leery of men. He's never done anything to anyone, he just stee​rs clear. He won't go to my husband unless I'm with him and then he's fine. Cats are just a toy to Edward​ and Patch (they have killed a kitten). As for male dogs, I think if Edward and my dog were both neute​red, they might get along better. My two are the only dogs they've been around." She knows that ​Edward is good with female dogs, women, and children of all ages. Patch is good with both male and female dogs, and people (men, women, and children) of all ages. The current owner also ​wrote: "Edward is a handsome devil with the sweetest disposition. He is always so happy to see me, well, I guess he can't really see me but he knows that I'm there and can't wait for some lovin'. Him not being able to see really doesn't seem to affect him much and I know he would be a great pet for anyone willing to take him in. Patch is a sweet and beautiful girl. She does well with my kids and gets along great with our lab. She loves to play with tennis balls and anything else you might give her." 


Update 4/17/15: We've heard from Patch's and Edward's owner and Patch has been adopted!  She has her very own family with a little girl to love her and a big farm to run on!

Edward is still in need of rescue (he is the brown dog in the photos).  His owner writes that he's done very well without his sister and really deserves a new life.  "He has done very well without his sister around. In fact,  I think he may have become an even better dog. He has put on some weight and is looking healthier. We have tried different toys for him but he just doesn't seem to get it. So bones and biscuits for my boy.  I love him to pieces but my dog absolutely loathes him. He still needs his own family and the sooner the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment