Wednesday, September 21, 2016

K9


Name: K-9
Age: 12 weeks
Sex: Male (not altered)
Breed: Labrador Mix
Location: San Antonio, TX

Vet Info: K-9 is confirmed ​up to date on vaccines and is due for a booster in four weeks.  He is not neutered and is too young for a heartworm test.  He is on flea and tick prevention.  K-9 weighs 10 pounds.

Owner Info: K-9 is an adorable little blind puppy who was found starving in the street.  He was nursed back to health by a good samaritan.  She writes that he's very sweet, but she is unable to keep him as she has three large-breed dogs of her own, and one is very aggressive.  She is afraid K-9 will be hurt. She is hoping to find K-9 a wonderful new home or rescue!  She has tried no-kill shelters, family and friends, but has not yet had any luck.   

K-9's good samaritan writes, "He needs a home where they know how to work with a blind dog he runs and falls into water bowl I don't know how to train a blind dog, really he is very simple to care for... I cannot bring him out to general population, because of my dogs. I try and spend time with him, but I work and have tons to do, he needs a little play mate, he needs a home that know how to work with a blind dog."

K-9 is an indoor dog confined to one area of the house.  He is not yet housebroken or leash trained.  He's a smart little boy and already knows, Come here!  K-9 is very friendly and is described as "outgoing".  He's good with people of all ages, other dogs, and cats.  He currently lives with three dogs and two cats.  He is not possessive of toys, treats, or food, and has never shown any aggression.

K-9's good samaritan feels he adapts well to new situations.  She writes, "When I found him my friend fostered him for me for a week , since I was leaving town , he did great, and then when I picked him up ,he was very loving and friendly."


K-9's good samaritan gave us more information about his sight: "He cannot see from a distance , I think maybe shadows when u get close about 2 inch from his eyes . I squeeze a ball he is looking side to side all around room for ball cannot see it, I open door to room he sits there looking side to side , until I make a noise follows the noise."  Other than his sight, she tells us he is a healthy, playfully sweet puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment