Friday, June 15, 2012

Lily - In BDRA Foster Care


Name: Lily
Sex: Female (not altered)
Breed: Black Labrador Mix
Age: 6 weeks
Location: Paw Paw, MI
 
Vet/Medical Info: Lily has had her first shot.  She is too young to be spayed and to have a heartworm test.  
The vet noted in the records that Lily appears to be blind.  No other health information was provided, 
although the vet office noted that Pam is a good owner’. 

Owner Info: DOB 4/8/2012. I rescued a female black lab from the pound. She had 8 puppies – 4 choc males, 3 black males and one choc female. The pups just turned 6 weeks old, and the little female was diagnosed with retinal dysplasia. The vet said she has very little vision and could very well go blind. Lily is very sweet, and it made me sick 
when my friend said we should just put her to sleep. I  just want her to have a wonderful home 
where someone loves and appreciates her. Lily was placed with 
a young man who didn't feel he could be there enough for her with her situation. Lily is living 
indoors, confined to one area of the house. She has learnt that if she is quiet and sits, she gets 
lots of loving. She is an outgoing girl and is sweet, sweet sweet, 
and very cuddly. Lily seems to be very happy, she is able to find her food, and water but 
because of her smaller size, she does get picked on by the other pups. I so seriously do not 
want to see this sweet chocolate puppy euthanized. I have too many rescues and personal dogs 
right now, or I would take her on as my personal mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment